NOTE: Candidates in Plano, TX may be considered.
The Risk and Internal Control / SOX Specialist (ICS / SOX Specialist) position supports the Siemens PLM Risk and Internal Control (RIC) Department in the achievement of its business objectives by ensuring compliance with its governance responsibilities and in the successful completion of the Business Unit 'In Control' Statements.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Evaluates internal controls, information systems, and operating practices in accordance with established corporate policies and overall Siemens Risk and Internal Control methodology including SOX for efficiency, accuracy, and compliance within prescribed timeframes.
- Supports the implementation and application of Internal Control systems.
- Prepares and submits reports on assessment results, including instances of non-compliance and recommends process improvements in policies and procedures.
- Supports the Enterprise Risk Management process in accordance with defined requirements and monitors response activities on behalf of the Risk Process Owner.
- Assists with the Business Unit Policy Process.
- Provides direct support and assistance to audits conducted by external audit firms and Siemens Corporate Finance Audit (CFA) and Industry Operational. Review (IOR). Reviews and coordinates, where required, between auditors and management.
- Works under general supervision with some latitude for independent judgment.
- Excellent time management, communication, decision-making, presentation, human relations, organizational and analytical skills.
- Excellent knowledge of SOX regulations and control testing.
- Ability to work with individuals and managers at all levels and globally throughout the company in driving programs and initiatives.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent in accounting, finance or business.
- 1-5 years of experience in related function.
- Opportunity to travel 10-15% both within the United States and internationally.
- Advanced degree (MBA or MACC).
- CPA, CIA, CISSA, CCSA, or progress toward certification/s.
- Prior experience with a public accounting firm or within a corporate internal audit function (IT or operational).
Compensation and Benefits
Siemens provides a flexible benefit program that is carefully designed to support your health, your financial security and your work-life balance. The variety of benefits and amenities available, in addition to pay, provides you a total package.
About Siemens PLM Software
Siemens PLM Software is a global leader in the growing field of product lifecycle management (PLM) software and services. Today, Siemens PLM Software products manage or create more than 40 percent of the world's 3D data.
We are a team, collaborating with clients to transform their innovation processes and fully leverage PLM. Our culture encourages creativity, welcomes fresh thinking and focuses on growth, so our people, our business and our clients can achieve full potential. For more information please visit Siemens PLM Software on the Web.
Siemens PLM Software is an equal opportunity employer. M/F/D/V
Siemens PLM Software does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiting agencies.